- 1 Is an electric scooter worth for you?
- 2 Important Guidelines for Charging E-scooters:
- 3 How Fast Do Electric Scooters Go?
- 4 How to Make an Electric Scooter Go Faster than Its Capacity?
- 5 Simple Tips for Proper Maintenance of an Electric Scooter:
- 6 Conclusion:
Time is changing and men are evolving to its maximum luxuries. There was the time when animals used to commute far and wide on the contrary now, you can commute so conveniently by riding your own car, bike, bicycle or any other mode of transport. You can use public vehicles: train and buses. The evolution kept moving forward and still the innovations have not bridled yet. Now, the walkers and travelers do not need to worry more about their tiresome journeys. The bus and the taxi travelers are also far away from the stress of time-taking and much awaited transports. This all has become possible since the electric scooters were introduced.
Read More: What is an electric scooter?
The smart, economical, joyful, pleasant and free of tension commute is the blessings of the compact cum portable electric scooters that are available in the market in the bulk quantity and variable quality. If you are looking for buying an electric scooter, make sure of it should be according to your need and want. For this purpose, we have brought to you this buying guide so you can better understand what you should seek in an e-scooter before you choose one for you. The particular questions that could be raised by a customer like you, have been jotted down ahead in this write-up along with their thorough answers.
Is an electric scooter worth for you?
Yes, indeed! The electric scooters are really worthy for you to go here and there with much ease and comfortability. The convenience that you enjoy on it, cannot be possible in any other vehicle. You with very light vehicle commute from home to work, park, market or any other place in the downtown with less consumption of time and money. What you need to do is to just charge your scooter according to the need of the brand and then go running towards your desired destination.
Another very important positive aspect to keep e-scooter with you is, you can carry it anywhere you want: just fold it and take it up with you. Most of the travelers tend to keep finding the economical taxi or they have to wait for any other public transport. Now, they need no more to do so. It is also seen that many of the passengers get off the bus or train at the stop and have to walk for minutes towards their home or any other place where they are to reach. The electric scooter can help them go with no longer walk. They can just move on with their e-scooter. These all aforementioned aspects justify that an electric scooter is literally worth for you. It is equally beneficial for the people of all age: teenagers, adults, youth, old-aged and children.
What most importantly considered when buying an adult electric scooter?
There are the things that you have to consider before you select a product (e-scooter) to buy one. It happened in the selection of all products belonging to your need or even want, you seek their features, functions and configurations. To select an electric scooter as best choice of yours, there are certain things that you have to consider before you make a final decision to go for that:
Speed: First and foremost, you have to check the speed of an electric scooter and then match it with your timeline as well as running. Mostly the speed at-least plus 15 kilometers per hour would be a better option for you. But there are some brands that cost much just because of their speed which go above or 25 kilometers per hour. Speed depends upon you entirely, many riders do not like to go fast but smooth and safe.
Battery: The battery is the backbone of any vehicle. Most particularly, the electric e-scooter banks on its battery which should be high power and strong. The quality of the battery should also be high and durable. You have to see the best in it having seen the least recharging time and maximum ride time. The Lithium-Ion battery can give you up to continuous 40 minutes of ride’s ride time, while 1.5 to 12 hours to recharge it depending on the type of scooter and brand.
Motor: The motor of the battery should be powerful because it has the burden of the rider and its weight. The stronger the battery and motor are, the speedier you ride would be and the more long-lasting your e-scooter would be.
Range: Another aspect that you have to look into is to find the e-scooter’s actual and exact age which will help you match it with your daily commute miles and time. Before you go to get an e-scooter, you need to measure your daily commute so you can get an e-scooter according to the same need. Lest you get any e-scooter unknowing your actual travel of a day and it go waste. The different brands and different models have variable range. For instance, 15 kilo meters per charge to 25 kilo meters.
Safety: You must find an e-scooter with perfect brakes’ combination of front and rear. Moreover, the wheel quality and size matter when you ride a vehicle on different terrains. You have to find according to your pathway that you ride your bike/e-scooter on. Different models have different quality and size of tires. And mostly the front tire is bigger than the rear one. Lighting also is much required element that should be fixed with the e-scooter.
Portability/foldability: This is another significant aspect that augments the importance of electric scooters’ possession. But all electric scooters do not possess this quality. You need to know what your journey is on daily life and if you need to go to the markets and parks or any other place that you need to carry your e-scooter with you on the walking places even.
Construction: The frame and fork construction is an essential thing that a customer has to follow. The frame and fork should be tubular steel and thick plate steel construction which is proven to be experienced as toughest and most reliable electric scooter design. On the contrary, made from thin steel sheets frame and fork are too weak and get bended or broken under usual use.
Manufacture: The body parts have to be seen either they are metallic, steel or plastic ones. Some body parts can be of plastic. If the whole electric scooter is made of plastic, then you have to go for another e-scooter that is not entirely made of / from plastic. because plastic made scooters are not long lasting.
Chain versus Belt: There are two systems of electric scooters by which it works and goes on roads. Chain drive is more reliable and longer lasting than belt drive but it is a bit noisier on pathways that could be a warn sign for the pedestrians or other vehicles that you are also driving a vehicle and they should give you space or be aware of you at least. On the other hand, the belt drive is far quieter than Chain drive because it does not make noise. It goes on the terrains so quietly.
Chrome Quality: The low chrome quality you see in the less famous and cheaper brands’ e-scooters. You had better pay a bit more amount of money to get a good and high quality chrome that is offered by higher brands that you can find in our other articles: Top 5 electric scooters, best electric scooters for adults, fastest electric scooters, Razor electric scooters or etc etc.
Weight Limits: A customer should know prior to buy an e-scooter, the weight limit of that. Because if the weight limit is only 120lbs and the customer/rider weighs 140lbs, It will not be good for the e-scooter and there will be the higher chances that the scooter breaks down.
Storage: The storage could also be another factor that you can look into before you go for one. Under the seat of an e-scoter has some space but it does not come with all types of e-scooters. But make sure of one thing, if you damn need the storage, then you should find a scooter with this facility otherwise it is not essential thing.
Warranty: It can be another factor to see before buying an e-scooter because when you buy it, you have to be sure of the product that it is not going to cause a loss. There are the brands that offer good warranty of three months to a year.
Cost: Last but not the least is cost that is actually the most important factor during your buying process. Most of the good branded e-scooters have variable features depending on the cost of that. Sometimes you are shown less features’ scooter with much cost, this happens just because of you are inexperienced. You should get the prior knowledge about electric scooters, their features and cost as well before you go to the market in the intention of purchase one.
Aforementioned are the things and features or you can say the aspects that you have to consider before you make final decision to buy an e-scooter. Now let us go ahead with some more questions’ answers which can be helpful for you in this buying guide.
How to Charge an Electric Scooter?
This is one of the most significant query that has to be understood properly. Because an inappropriate way of charging electric scooter could cause danger or spoliation of battery that ultimately affects the performance of your ride and life could get limited due to ill-mannered attitude while charging.
What you should do is to follow these certain steps:
Step one: First and foremost, you make sure of the accuracy of charger if it is of same product and model. Then you should check the actual current voltage and assure yourself that the voltage is not below the required voltage for charging the scooter. Different brands and e-scooters need different limit of the least voltage.
Step two: Plug the charger into the wall outlet means into your electrical power outlet. The light would be green.
Step three: Now, plug the charger correctly into the charging pot that is fixed with the electric scooter. The light would be red.
Step four: When charging is done and complete, the light would be green again. You should unplug the charger from wall outlet first and then from charger pot.
Note: You had better plug first into the charging pot and then into the charging wall outlet considering safety measures. And when charging is complete, plug out first from the wall outlet and then from scooter’s charging pot.
You are now ready to ride in the air tide!
Important Guidelines for Charging E-scooters:
- To get most life of your e-scooter’s battery, you are advised to recharge it after your every ride. It will not let your battery strength go down.
- When you have not ridden your e-scooter for at least three months approximately, recharge it every after three months. Mostly the shopkeepers have to do it to maintain their stored electric scooters for sale.
- You need to know your battery is SLA (Sealed Lead Acid) or something else. The SLA Chargers can be used on any electric scooter that uses voltage, amperage and connector.
- To enhance and preserve the batteries’ life, a slow battery charger is recommended. If a scooter is using two batteries per day then this is better to use a smaller battery charger in night and larger battery charger in day time.
- You must not use the automotive or motorcycle battery charges for SLA batteries. Because there is a huge difference between the Lead Acid Batteries and Sealed Acid Batteries’ formation and purpose of design. They may cause damage to SLA batteries which result overheating and getting wet. So, avoid that.
- The smaller electric scooters have no much range like 10 to 15 miles per charge depending on the model. You can upgrade the battery to get more range and better result. Or you also can carry additional battery on scooter to double the range effectively. Hence you can go far more miles away
How Fast Do Electric Scooters Go?
The speed of the electric scooters definitely vary brand to brand, model to model, features to features and of course motor to motor of the scooter. An adult electric scooter can go with the speed of as slow as 08 miles per hour. On the contrary the highest speed it can reach up to 55 miles per hour. It has also been seen that 125cc electric scooters can go with the speed of 60 miles per hour and 150cc can cross even 70 miles per hour and reach up to 75 miles. The pathways help you get the exact idea that how fast you should be while ride. But it never means that you can meet an electric scooter’s maximum speed limit. Your safety is important as well as others’ too. Just ride with the average speed limit so you can enjoy your journey and pleasant windy ride as well as remain safe and healthy.
How to Make an Electric Scooter Go Faster than Its Capacity?
Sometimes it is experienced and observed that people can’t feel like rushing towards their destinations faster than they require. Similarly, some people have genuine reasons to be faster for their office, market, home, school or college or any other place and they possess an e-scooter which is of average speed. And they cannot buy another one which is much speedier due to shortage of money. The following precise guidelines are for them to follow and enhance the speed of their electric scooter.
- Speed Limiter: Remove the speed limiter which is fixed by the manufacturer to fulfil the law of the country. Mostly the scooters can go faster but due to their speed limiter, they cannot cross the certain speed. By removing speed limiter, you can go faster than now but it could drain the battery so rapidly.
- Battery Replacement: By replacing the battery with higher power, you can overcome the fast battery drainage. This will also increase the power of motor which ultimately increase your scooter’s performance in terms of life as well as speed.
- Battery Addition: If one battery is not smart enough to get your speed target, you can add an extra battery to meet the maximum power for the motor. You will certainly find a huge difference between the current speed and the speed after adding an extra battery which will be enormous.
- Sprockets: Sprockets are also very important in the speedy performance of an e-scooter. They do not cost much. You can replace the front sprockets with new longer ones with more efficiency. Moreover, you can replace the rear sprockets with shorter ones to augment the speed with few more kilometers per hour extra.
You further can guide yourself with the read about the best electric scooters to buy. Or you can read The best electric scooters for adults.
Simple Tips for Proper Maintenance of an Electric Scooter:
There are some simple tricks and tips that can help maintain your electric scooter in a proper condition. If you want to increase the life and enjoy the consistent performance of the e-scooter, you are highly recommended to practical the following tips:
- Battery Maintenance: You need to be very cautious about the battery (s). Charge them properly and unplug them as they get charged. Avoid overcharging them. You e-scooter banks on the battery that is why it should be powerful and up to the mark. Use the battery (s) as per your speed on the roads. Do not put extra pressure on them. If you think to change them or add another one, go for it.
- Cleaning: Make the habit of yours to clean your scooter daily. Do not let the rust or dirt stick on it. Use a soft and slightly wet cloth to outside cleaning and for inner, use appropriate cleaner that is available in the market of electric scooters.
- Avoid Rust: You had better provide adequate preservation from rust and moisture. It mostly happens in the rainy and wet season. Keep your scooter away from moisture and rust.
- Check Tires: To avoid unexpected occurrence, you had better check the tires on regular basis.
- Inspections: in spite of having maintained your electric scooter on regular basis and apply aforementioned tips, you need to inspect the scooter once a year to keep it up to the mark.
- Manual: It is imperative to read the manual of an e-scooter to keep it maintained. By doing this you can understand how it works as well as when it needs to be checked with its parts.
This innovation and invention in the shape of electric scooters are absolutely tremendous. Commuters are free to go anywhere and anytime so conveniently. And if you have exactly correct ideas to keep your scooter maintained that has been described in this guide, you can enjoy your daily journeys funnily and marvelously.
The proper maintenance and surveillance can save you from confronting the huge cost of repair and replacement of your e-scooter. The aforementioned points ought to be followed for the sake of enjoyable ride with no fear of breaking down and decrement of efficiency.
This comprehensive write-up is for you to guide you properly when you happen to buy an electric scooter. In this buyers’ guide (buying guide) it has been tried to give readers (customers) a thorough idea that what you are supposed to do prior to select a scooter for you. Things to consider before buying electric scooter, how to charge an electric scooter, guidelines for charging, simple tips for proper maintenance have been explained in order to help you understand the important aspects that have to be very clear in your mind.
From speed to range and battery cum motor, all the parts and configurations should be considered in the branded electric scooters also. The cost matters a lot but if the features are matchless, cost comes second in importance.